Pages

2.02.2010

Gluten and dairy free snack mix

This is my modified Chex mix recipe. I've made 2 batches of this in 2 weeks. My kids love it, I love it and even my picky husband loves it. It's pretty darn close to the real Chex mix.

4 Cups of Corn Chex cereal
3 Cups of Rice Chex cereal
1 Cup of Peanuts
1 1/2 Cup of Wylde Pretzels
6 TBSP of margarine melted (I used Fleischmann's unsalted margarine no whey no dairy)
2 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt (if you aren't using Penzey's please go out and get some it's the best on the market)
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

In a large microwavable bowl mix the cereal, nuts and pretzels. In a small microwavable bowl melt the margarine. Add the Worcestershire, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder and mix. Pour over the dry ingredients, and stir until completely coated.

Microwave uncovered on high for 5-6 minutes. Stir mixture every 2 minutes. Spread three layers of paper towels on two cookie sheets and spread out the snack mix to cool. Store in an air tight container.

A recipe just in time for the big game! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails