Pages

2.27.2010

My favorite GF Crab cake

Now that Lent is here I cook a lot of breaded fish myself, crab or shrimp. This recipe is something I cook a lot of and will make a big batch to keep in the fridge to make a little crab cake when I'm in the mood for one at lunch.

Crabcakes

1 pound of crab meat (buy the good stuff do not buy the claw meat)
1 egg
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp dry mustard
2 TBSP Mayoonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1 TBSP of melted Smart Balance Butter spread
1 tsp of parsley flakes
1 tsp of Old Bay
1/2 Cup of Nature's Path Corn flakes ground until fine

Combine all ingredients except crab and mix together. Once mixed slowly blend crab into the mixture. Try to be gentle but mix to make a nice consistence. Place in refrigerator for at least a half an hour to have the flavors blend.

Add 1 tsp of oil (peanut or light virgin oil) to a pan with 1 tsp of butter spread. Take about half of a cup of mixture in your hands and make a crab patty. Fry the crab cake until golden brown on each side. Cook as much as you need and put the rest in the fridge. I keep my mixture for about a week, if it lasts that long!

I enjoy this on top of lettuce with some tartar sauce.

As a side note I like to grind an entire box of Nature's path corn flakes at one time and keep them in an air tight container. That way every time I want to make a breaded dish I can easily without bringing out the food processor each time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails