Pages

6.23.2010

Great Sage Review

Last night I had the pleasure of going out to one of my favorite places for dinner. Great sage is an intimate restaurant tucked into a strip mall in Clarksville Maryland.  It has a casual relaxed feel with a small patio area outside. It's a lovely little place that when you walk through the door you feel the calm energy come over you. 


We enjoyed the vegan crab and artichoke dip with corn chips for an appetizer. It was a joy to eat a warm appetizer dip that tasted so good I wanted to scrap every inch of the dip onto my chip. Yum. 


For dinner I had the Artichoke Mushroom Paella:

ARTICHOKE MUSHROOM PAELLA
Spicy 'chorizo,' 'chicken,' artichokes, roasted peppers, tomatoes and shiitake mushrooms, sautéed with Spanish saffron rice and a blend of Creole seasonings. (Soy and Gluten free options)




It was spicy but delicious. I enjoyed the large slices of mushrooms and artichokes blended with the rice. (It was an artichoke kind of night). 


We saved room for dessert. I've enjoyed Great Sage's carrot cake many times and just thinking about it makes me want another slice. 


SAGE'S FAMOUS CARROT CAKE
A house blend of spices, fresh carrots and gluten free flour with a frosting of cream cheese and chopped walnuts. (Gluten free)



The carrot cake is moist, savory and full of carrots and flavor. The vegan frosting is whipped and is light but full of cream cheese flavor.


Overall it was a great meal. I left with a full stomach and a smile on my face.


Great Sage hours and location:


5809 clarksville square drive
clarksville, md 21029
443.535.9400



brunch - sundays 10 am - 3 pm
lunch  - tuesday thru saturday 11:30 am - 3 pm
lite fair - everyday 3-5 pm
dinner - everyday 5 - closing 



I'm a lucky girl to have such a great Vegan/Gluten free spot only 15 minutes away from my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails