Pages

3.09.2011

Tuna Noodle Casserole


As a child, Ash Wednesday always meant Tuna Noodle Casserole. Two cans of tuna, two cans of Cream of Mushroom soup, egg noodles and lots and lots of cheese. Delicious. Those days are long gone for me. But...this year I decided I was going to attempt to make it dairy and gluten free.

I used my favorite penne by bionaturae and cooked the pasta per the package instructions.

Then I added a can of tuna (I like the albacore type in water). Portobello Mushroom soup by Imagine, Daiya cheese and frozen peas.

I used about 8 ozs of the soup, a half cup of the cheese and about 1/4 cup of frozen peas. I mixed the noodles, soup, frozen peas and tuna in a shallow baking dish. I added some salt and pepper.


Put it all in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Then I added the half cup of Daiya Cheese. I put it back in the oven for another 6-8 minutes just until the cheese melted.  A delicious comfort meal on Ash Wednesday, gluten, dairy and whey free. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails