Boy dies after an allergic reaction

A 17 year old boy in Liverpool goes out to dinner at a place he's eaten at before eating the same meal he's eaten before and has a severe allergic reaction to his meal and dies. This is a real eye opener for those of us with food allergies. Restaurants will change the recipes from time to time, food handlers will not change their gloves or even wash their hands between preparing meals.

Each and every time we eat out or have someone else make our meal we have to be diligent about asking the questions again and again. Does this have my known allergy in it? Do you change gloves when preparing my meal? Do you change utensils when scooping out my portion?

My heart goes out to the family in Liverpool. I hope the restaurant can educate the food handlers at their stations to make sure this never happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails